Monday, January 10, 2011

Oh, go shelve it!

I was having a conversation with one of my "book suppliers" today and she was asking me how I am liking the copy of Hold Me Closer, Necromancer that she passed along to me.  I'm only just well into the second chapter and so far haven't gotten into the book at all.  In her opinion, the second chapter didn't give me the right to have a comment about the quality of the book.  So my question is, at what point can you/should you abandon a book?  When I was a kid, I would never have dreamed of abandoning a book.  At this point though, I know that there are millions of books out there and I'll never get to them all, so I refuse to waste my time on the ones that I'm having trouble consuming!  Also, reading is supposed to be pleasurable, and I just haven't got the time to torture myself with a slow/boring book when I'm supposed to be absorbed by it.  So, having said that, I'm going to go and reconnect with Hold Me Closer, Necromancer, and hope that I have some nice things to write about it in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way but keep reading hoping I'll change my mind. I think the worst is when you're reading a really great book and then the ending just sucks. It makes me hate the author for wasting my time and giving me false hope LOL.

    ReplyDelete