Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

I was going to go ahead and write a breath-taking first blog entry, but I decided, what's the point?  You aren't getting breath-taking ever again, so I might as well not start you off on the wrong foot.

The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan is a must read for anyone who's got a thing for zombies.  I happen to be interested in playing out how we would live if this ever were the case.  Which is why I've got enough food and ammo to be considered a corner store from the 50s.  This novel is an in-depth read into what life might be like if zombies were prevalent and we had to re-create our lifestyles.  The Dead-Tossed Waves is actually the second book in the series, first novel being The Forest of Hands and Teeth.  I assumed you'd already read the first book though, because it's too good to pass up.  Lesson?  Question what other people/institutions/religion tells you, and keep your hands away from the fences!  I hope you'll pick it up, even if you don't happen to like zombies or already be in love with one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment