Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Got Kobo?

My new Kobo eReader is probably one of my favourite things.  It's light (although my mother says it makes her wrists cave in), thin, and it carries any book I could ever want to read!  The books are often cheaper to buy than hard copies (albeit you are buying a virtual copy), and I can borrow books from the library instantly!  I haven't actually activated the WiFi aspect of the Kobo, but I'm sure when I need it, I'll be happy I purchased the newer model that includes this feature.  You can load your Kobo with as many books as you can think of, but you are always going to want to add another one to the list when you least expect it.  I haven't had any real issues with the machine yet, but minor ones like not being able to turn the page fast enough if I am looking for a specific line or paragraph somewhere else in the book.  I also haven't figured out how to get a book off the Kobo once I'm finished reading it and I don't want it there anymore.  These are all simple things that I'm sure I will solve by messing around with it some more.  I never thought I'd trade in a paper copy of a book for an e-version, but some occasions call for it.  Like traveling!  And reading really fat books.  Now back to Hold Me Closer Necromancer...at least peoples' heads are starting to roll around and talk!

2 comments:

  1. Now that had me laughing! Do you know, not to make you question yourself, but you are the only negative review that I can find so far for that book? And I know that's not fair since you haven't actually posted a negative review yet, just the beginnings of one, but still...
    Maybe you just weren't in the right frame of mind to start reading. Sometimes that happens, and if it does, the poor paperback doesn't have a hope of being enjoyed... Just something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed the problem! I have a bad tendency to fall asleep while reading, or read for too long after my brain has actually shut down. I think this happened during a change in who the narrator was following. Brain shut down after head fell out of box, brain re-engaged after Brid was floating through present time and memories. I missed A LOT in between. I went back to re-read last night and now I'm on board! Necromancer has been saved!

    ReplyDelete